The frequency of your whitening treatments depends on the type of whitening treatments you choose and the level of whitening you need. Here’s what you need to know about teeth whitening sessions and the frequency you may need them!
Types of Teeth Whitening Methods
There are many types of teeth whitening methods and products available. Two of the most common methods include:
- 1. Store-Bought Whitening: At-home, over-the-counter whitening kits include gels, trays, and whitening strips. Store-bought kits typically have a lower concentration of whitening agents compared to their professional counterparts. If you’re using at-home kits, make sure you’re following the recommended guidelines on frequency and duration of these treatments.
- 2. Professional Whitening: Professional whitening sessions are one-hour sessions performed by a trained dentist. These treatments utilize a professional-grade whitening gel and a light to activate the treatment. Most patients can achieve their ideal whitening results in one to two sessions. If patients properly care for their teeth after the sessions, they can enjoy the whitening results for up to a year.
How to Maintain Your Whitening Results
After completing any whitening treatment, there are steps you can take to help prolong your whitening results, such as:
- Avoiding teeth staining foods and drinks
- Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing daily
- Drink plenty of water
- Get whitening touch-ups if needed
- Stop or limit tobacco usage
- Visit the dentist for regular teeth cleanings and exams
Before any whitening treatment, it’s important to consult with your dentist to determine which type of whitening is right for you and how often you may need teeth whitening treatments.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Mooresville, North Carolina
At Curtis Family Dentistry in Mooresville, North Carolina, we proudly offer professional teeth whitening treatments for our patients. Our exceptional dentists, Dr. Moore and Dr. Drake have received additional training to provide high-quality teeth whitening treatments at our office. Our mission is to help patients achieve healthy, beautiful smiles so that they can look and feel their best. Please fill out our contact form to set up your whitening consultation at Curtis Family Dentistry!